This Year’s Hottest Summer Trends
As we look forward to lighter, brighter, more comfortable summer clothes, our kids know that dressing for warm weather is the signal for PLAYTIME! And, since we would rather enjoy vacations and trips to the park without obsessing about grass stains and dripping frozen yogurt, affordability is also important.
Just yesterday, style expert Chassie Post hosted a segment on Today showcasing this year’s summer fashion trends for families. We were thrilled to see that so many of the hot trends are right here on Dessie!
To summarize this summer’s most popular trends, here’s a quick list to keep in mind as you shop:
1. Gingham – Always classic, and great for girls and boys of all ages.
2. Camo and olive green – A continuation of the still popular Army theme.
3. Seersucker – Maybe it’s our Southern roots, but we love seersucker!
4. Stripes – Simple and always in style.
4. For Girls: Drop waist dresses and rompers – Play clothes don’t have to be shorts and tanks.
5. For Boys: Shirts with collars and printed shorts – The “mini-me” theme, where boys dress more like Daddy.
We make shopping easy — just search “gingham” or “seersucker” on our site to jump right in to stylish summer dressing.
For more information about the episode on Today, follow this link – http://www.today.com/style/4-summer-fashion-trends-whole-family-try-t113009
Submitted by: The Dessie Team